- Special Offer – Get up to $350 back. Offer Ends 6/15/2016.
- Get Cash Back: 6% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 3% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept. stores; 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card, you can get cash back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only get cash back on eligible purchases.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
- The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is one of the Nerds’ top picks for consumers who do the bulk of their spending on groceries and gas. With it, you’ll earn 6% cash back on purchases at U.S. grocery stores (up to $6,000 spent per year — then 1%), 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select department stores, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. If you’re a foodie or a road warrior, we can’t think of another card out there that will yield bigger returns on your swipes.
To kick off your card membership, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express comes with a signup bonus: Special Offer – Get up to $350 back. Offer Ends 6/15/2016.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express charges an annual fee of $75, but people who spend at least $25 per week on groceries yearly will see their rewards earnings surpass what they’re paying in fees. Also, if you spend enough to get the signup bonus, you’ve offset two years’ worth of annual fees right out of the gate. For more information about this card, check out our full review